Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is a two-year technical college, which provides education, training, and life-long learning opportunities for individuals and businesses leading to the development of a skilled workforce in northeast Wisconsin. NWTC is one of the 16 technical and community colleges in the Wisconsin Technical College System. This College operates in nine Wisconsin counties with three campuses in Green Bay, Marinette, and Sturgeon Bay. Besides, it has five regional learning centers in Shawano, Oconto Falls, Crivitz, Florence, and Luxemburg.
In 1968, three schools teamed up to create a single district in what is now the Wisconsin Technical College System. At present, NWTC offers over 70 Associate Degree and Technical Diploma programs, nearly 40 certificates, contracted business services, personal enrichment and continuing education courses.
Online and Flexible Learning
Flexible Learning Options provide ways of taking courses at times and locations which go beyond the traditional school day. They are especially valuable for working adults who need to fit college into busy work and family schedules, but they can help anyone make education possible.
Flexible Learning Options include:
- Online Learning – offers you a flexible method of achieving your goals. We present lots of courses in a range of fields.
- Accelerated Learning – classes use particular instructional techniques chosen for their ability to help students learn and contain large amounts of information.
- Interactive Television (ITV) – a modern telecommunications system that makes it possible for students to take classes from chosen locations or right in their own community. An ITV class is just like a traditional class in structure except, the instructor and students may be in four different locations which are able to interact continually throughout the class time.
- Self-Paced Learning – allows students to work at their own pace on an available computer at home, at their place of business or in one of NWTC's student-centered labs. Instructors are available during scheduled hours to help students and direct tests.
- Videoconferencing – a 2-way video/audio communication tool similar to ITV that connects all three campuses to the Regional Learning Centers at Shawano, Crivitz, Luxemburg, Florence, Oconto Falls, and Townsend.
- Weekend College – classes are offered on the weekend, and meet one to four Saturdays for each month.
NWTC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Financial Aid is available to students in financial need through loans, scholarships, grants, and work study employment.