Walden University is an entirely online institution, without a campus. Face-to-face residencies (for doctoral and some master’s programs) are offered at convenient times and locations.
Walden’s online study is asynchronous, in other words you can enroll when it’s convenient for you within an assigned period. Weekly discussion topics, required readings, and assignments will all be listed in the online syllabus provided by your instructor.
Many Walden programs use a Personal Start Page that offers central access to your courses, student information, and support services. You can log in to your course through a Web browser on any computer anywhere.
The curriculum includes:
• Learning objectives
• An assignment schedule
• Instructor contact information
• Course and university policies, including grading criteria
• Information on how to submit assignments
• Links to electronic course resources, such as online readings
• Titles of books you will need to purchase via Walden’s bookstore
When you become a member of the university’s online learning environment, you are pleased to read postings from your classmates and faculty member and add to the discussions, as all students are required to participate. The flow of online dialogue is preserved so that you can retrace the conversation. Such an exchange of diverse ideas, perspectives, and experiences with peers will enrich your experience and knowledge. Students can also take quizzes, tests, or exams online. These often open and close at predetermined times and require you to complete them in a set amount of time.
Online classrooms include:
• Dropbox: For submitting assignments to your instructor
• Chat: For real-time communication with classmates
• Gradebook: To view your grades and check your progress
Walden’s doctoral programs and M.S. in Mental Health Counseling program have face-to-face residencies held throughout the year at locations across the United States. Residencies allow you to collaborate directly with faculty, staff, and other students in seminars, classes, and individual advising sessions.
Depending on the program, online courses are provided in
• 16-week semesters (some with consecutive 8-week courses)
• 12-week quarters (some with consecutive 6-week courses)
Start dates are offered throughout the year so that you can begin your program when it’s convenient for you.
Having enrolled to Walden University you are able to get services from:
• Award-winning Student Support Team to guide you in the online learning environment
• Librarians who will help you identify, evaluate, and obtain resources
• Writing center staff who will assist you with graduate-level writing
• Academic advisors to help with policies and procedures
• The Career Services Center for practical professional development tools and advice
• Research Center staff to help you develop, fund, and disseminate your master's and doctoral research
• Fellow students who will collaborate on assignments and offer their insights
• Undergraduate tutoring in writing, math, science, and other topics
Tuition and Financial Aid
Walden University provides you with various financial aid options , such as:
- Federal Financial Aid
- Other Funding Options