College of DuPage is the third-largest single-campus community college in the nation and the second-largest institution of higher education in Illinois. This fully accredited institution of higher education has increased its credit offerings to provide more than 90 certificate programs, 59 occupational degrees and 45 transfer pre-baccalaureate programs.
In January 2008, the college received a seven-year reaffirmation of accreditation through the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Moreover, College of DuPage opens up a world of volunteer, on-campus employment and cultural opportunities.
Maintaining an open enrollment policy, College of DuPage offers a variety Continuing Education and non-credit courses for students of all ages, from youths to seniors. Graduates of accredited high schools and adults over 18 years of age are eligible to attend.
In order to achieve its mission, the college will:
• Recognize, develop and support excellence in both learning and teaching.
• Foster an instructional and organizational climate that welcomes innovation, is open to change, and targets continual improvement and accountability.
• Maintain a comprehensive, dynamic curriculum, a varied educational delivery system, and a strong outreach effort, ensuring that diverse learning needs are recognized and met.
• Offer programs and services that are flexible and accessible.
• Motivate and prepare students to qualify for and succeed in further educational endeavors.
• Promote critical and creative thinking and academic honesty.
• Provide relevant and thorough career education that prepares students to prosper in the world of work.
• Respond to the lifelong learning needs of residents and business.
• Support the personal and academic success of students through comprehensive student support services.
• Offer programs that educate students for responsible citizenship, civility and mutual respect in a multicultural and global society.
• Prepare students to live and work successfully in an international environment.
• Broaden learning opportunities for our community by creating alliances within and beyond the college district.
• Serve as a center for the cultural and intellectual enrichment of our community.
The College of DuPage will meet the challenges of a dynamic community and maintain standards of excellence by continually examining and, where appropriate, adopting new technologies, learning theory and teaching methods. The College will respond to the needs of its community by providing quality education, training, information and cultural opportunities. It will continue to be an innovative institution that provides a powerful learning environment for all.