St. Vincent's College is faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church community-based college, providing education in nursing and allied health, and the liberal arts and sciences. The College offers associate degrees in Nursing, Radiography, Medical Assisting, and General Studies; certificate programs in Medical Assisting, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Central Sterile Processing, Health Promotion, Hospital Coding and other allied health fields. Division of Continuing Education provides various credit and non-credit courses and programs to prepare for new careers and improve their skills.Accreditation
The College is licensed and accredited by the State of Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education, and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. The Nursing program is approved by the Connecticut State Board of Examiners for Nursing and accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. The Radiography program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology and the Medical Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, on recommendation of the Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants’ Endowment Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs.Admission Requirement
1. GED or its equivalent
2. Minimum high school course requirements
5. Submit a reference from their school counselor on school letterhead.
6. Transfer students must submit one academic reference.
7. Other applicants must submit one professional reference.
8. Applicants who have been out of high school longer than 3 years, and not presently attending college, must submit a resume. Financial Aid
Variety of financial aid programs is offered to assist students in meeting the cost of their education:
* Federal Pell Grant Program
* Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant Program
* Federal Work-Study Program
* Federal Family Education Loan Program: Stafford Subsidized Loan, Stafford Unsubsidized Loan, Parent PLUS Loan
* State of Connecticut Capitol Scholarship Program
* Connecticut Independent College Student Grant Program
* Veterans Administration
Scholarships: Academic Scholarships, Presidential Scholarships, Lord Chamberlain Scholarship, Virginia O’Brien Fortin Scholarship, St. Vincent’s Medical Center Staff Award