Financial Aid: Yes
Street: 11605 132nd Ave Ne
Originally Lake Washington Vocational Technical Institute, the college began serving the greater Eastside in 1949. The institute includes now vocational programs in trade and industry, office technology, distributive and marketing education, medical, consumer and homemaking education, adult education, community service and community education classes. It offers affordable professional and technical training for today’s job market. Training is available in 38 programs, with more than 100 professional/technical degree and certificate options in:
- Information Technology
- Business & Service
- Health & Fitness
- Manufacturing & Transportation Technologies
- Arts, Language & Science.
International students may attend any degree or certificate program at Lake Washington Technical College, including:
- Intensive English Program (IEP) Courses designed to prepare international students for the terminology and communication skills used in their program of study.
- Bridge Program where students take a combination of English and technical classes that allows movement into a technology field as quickly as possible.
- Transfer agreements with area colleges and universities: Seattle Pacific University, UW Seattle & Bothell, DigiPen University, Devry University, Argosy University, The Evergreen State College, University of Phoenix, accept specific courses toward their bachelor degree programs. This allows students to save thousands of dollars on their first two years of school.
- Degrees and certificates in many areas.