Financial Aid: Yes
Street: 300 North Main Street
Headquartered in Versailles, Kentucky, USA, the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) comprises 16 colleges with over 65 campuses and other locations open or under construction. KCTCS was founded as part of the Post-secondary Improvement Act of 1997, signed by former Kentucky Governor Paul E. Patton, to create a new institution to replace the University of Kentucky’s Community College System and the Kentucky Department of Education's network of technical schools. The Kentucky Fire Commission, a separate state entity responsible for training emergency responders, also became part of KCTCS at that time.
The mission of the KCTCS is to improve the quality of life and employability of the citizens of the Commonwealth by serving as the primary provider of the following post-secondary education programs, training, and services:
• Certificate, diploma, associate degree, and transfer programs;
• Workforce training to meet the needs of existing and new businesses and industries;
• Remedial and continuing education;
• Short-term, customized training for business and industry;
• Adult education; and
• Associated services such as student financial aid and counseling.
KCTCS offers Associate Degrees, Associate in Applied Science Degrees, Associate to Bachelor Transfer Degrees,and Certificates and diplomas completely online.
KCTCS is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.